Sunday, October 11, 2009

Peacock Club

Malaysia = Awesome!! Who knew???? While flying over, the whole country looks like a gigantic palm tree farm!!! Once we landed, we took a long taxi ride to Kula Lumpur (I'll never know how to spell it... or say it!), which is the capital of Malaysia. Malaysia is a very well developed country, at least in the big city. If I was a shopping goddess, and had lots of money, I would be in HEAVEN!!! All kinds of "swankified" stores. But the coolest building they had were the Patronus Towers, not to be confused with the Patronus Charm from Harry Potter (which, I think mine would be a panda bear....). Anyway, the Patronus Towers are twin towers that are like 430 meters tall.... there is a bridge half way between that we walked on.... and I about had a heart attack. Thanks, dad, for the frightful genes you gave me!! And mom, too, for that matter. Anyway, we wondered around down town. Malaysia is a "melting pot" of asian cultures and religion. It's like the United States of Asia (culture wise, i'd say....) Their main religion is hindu, but they also have christianity, etc. No one looks the same..... and, oddly enough, it's the first time in a week I saw fat people! Thank, McDonalds, for helping devloped countries get fat! Anyway, we took a taxi to go see the nocturnal animals at the zoo (according to the book I had, all the cool animals came out at night) but the zoo closed at 5pm, not 10pm like my trusty book told us! So, we drove back into town and just wondered around. The city at night was very pretty. We went to an Indian Market, I guess it's the Indian equivalant of Christmas next week, at least that was what I was told. So I got some early christmas shopping done..... NOT!! John and I did get ROCKIN' tattoos of peacocks.... mine is very feminine of both my hands and John's peacock is VERY masculine on his arm. Luckily, for my family's sake, they are henna and shall come off..... not soon enough!


We are now in Krabi, Thailand. I LOVE IT HERE!!! It is, hands down, my favoritest, most beautifulst place I've ever been!!! We played with monkeys, hiked to a private beach and swam, fed an elephant (which, by my teasing, "kissed" my chin with it's trunk and I almost died), and ate delicious Thai food. Oh, I also did some laundry :( Sadly, I'm only here for 1 day before I go see my friends in Khowang. I do not want to leave.... It's gorgeous here! I've decided that I will move here. And become a bum.


Amen.

No comments: