Sunday, June 22, 2008

singsong.... ZOMBIE!!!

"Zombie" by The Cranberries, is the MOST popular song here EVER! The students want me to sing it ALL the time. Along with "We wish you a merry christmas" and "jingle bells". I have to laugh when they shout to me "Merry Christmas!"

Well, my 2nd blog of this trip was entitled "Oh, MY FEET!!" and I explained how swollen my feet were. Well, today I woke up and experienced a miracle. A TRUE miracle. You know how elephants don't have knees or ankles and it's just one big thick post?? That's what my legs looked like. I began to think "Huh, maybe my legs/feet have always looked this way and I didn't realize it." And then I would try on my shoes and say, "NOPE!! They still don't fit!" I couldn't even get my feet into my shoes!!! But today.... today is the holiest of holy days!! NO MORE SWOLLEN FEET!!!! It's a freakin' miracle. I feel so sexy!! :) I have ankles again!!

This past weekend was one to remember.... On saturday I woke up pretty "sick" with an "upset belly" (that is the nice way of saying it). But no rest for the weary, or wicked, or sick.... I was off to Laos to extend my Visa. 3 buses later, i thought i was going to vomit. Then I got a migraine. Then I could BARELY hold my head up on my shoulders. It felt like I'd been beat up with a baseball bat. So here I was in Laos, a BEAUTIFUL country, and I was dizzy and had to sit down every 2 seconds. What a waste of a trip!! But my visa got extended, so i can make it back to the US --- mission accomplished.

On Sunday I got to meet my future mother and father in law - mr. moon's parents. We had a "party" at their house. Mr. Moon, who has been unable to look at me this whole trip, found his tongue whilst being drunk. After a bottle of brandy, he had to drive me and some friends home.... a thirty minute drive. Yup - nothing like a nice, cute, drunk thai man driving me home. My mom woulda had a heart attack! We sang karaoke ALL day and ALL night. SHOCKER --- they wanted me to sing "Zombie" .... and "my heart will go on" from Titianic..... and a bunch of other songs I've never heard of. They kept saying "How can a fahrang not know fahrang songs?" i don't know.... maybe because i was born in 1982 and these songs were popular in 1982!!! :) But it was a fun day. I wish they had the song on karaoke by the Pet Shop Boys called "You Only Tell Me You Love me When You're Drunk".... I woulda dedicated it to mr. Moon. I have started memorizing a song in Thai. Thursday is Poetry Day at school --- which means Karaoke, too! (They do karaoke with anything!). Mr. Moon is going to sing and I will be his chorus singer. All I have to memorize is "Doo doo doo doo ter tam. Tam mai tung tam cob chun dai." but it's not like it rolls off the tongue.... it means something like "How can you hurt my heart this way?" or something. It's a reggae song.... like the Thai version of Bob Marley.

There are ants running around on the computer screen and keyboard. *HUFF* :)

No comments: